Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shopping Divas On a Shoestring Budget


Today, Haylee, Ashley, and I went shopping for Haylee’s one-year birthday present. Haylee is quite the little shopping diva. Ashley was showing Haylee a little ballerina dress that Haylee cooed over and then her mom was going to put it back onto the rack when the lip came out and the tears started. So, we let her keep it in the buggy – what a girl!

From there we sauntered over to the toy section in search of the perfect little birthday present – you know – kind of a fancy ride, when we saw a big end cap of gigantic balls. Haylee started saying “baw, baw”, which, of course, prompted Nana to go and get her one. Even though it was bigger than she was, she squealed with delight, promptly tossing it out of the buggy and holding her little hands out to receive it back.

Then we hit the sale racks. Ashley is the queen of bargain shoppers and she found a couple of little things for Haylee. There we were in the middle of Target, me holding Haylee, while her mom squeezed her into a pair of skinny jeans. I must say, for an “almost one year old” she looked wicked cool in those jeans

We looked at things we hoped to be able to get in the future, things we would like to have now, possible Mother’s day presents and reminisced over things Ashley enjoyed as a child.

This day was a gift – a rare and precious gift – and I will treasure the memory as long as I live. Holy moments do not always occur in buildings with steeples and stained glass windows sometimes they happen in the aisle of Target stores and so I say:

This Holy Moment was a gift from God above
This Holy Moment was sent from Heaven with love,
So I’ll cherish this time and with gratitude sing
We never know what tomorrow may bring
So, for this moment, I’ll praise my Lord and King.

Lyrics taken from the song not yet published(soon I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment